4th and 5th grade students.
I saw this "Falling for foreshortening" from another art teacher and wanted to use it around the holidays so I came up with this Santa version. It was SO great because the students really were able to understand the concept of foreshortening. I explained it as squishing shapes to make them appear 3d or realistic to how your eye would really see it. You could really do this with any type of person or animal. I think next year I will do reindeer. Here are the steps (briefly): 1. trace feet and hands 2. Draw Santa head and part of the body that you can see 3. trace with a black marker 4. Add some implied texture to the shoes 5. Add a background if desired 6. Paint several areas red (student's choice) 7. Using black paint, emphasis the hands and feet by painting a thick black line. 8. Place in drying rack to dry!
No comments:
Post a Comment